I had an error in my ‘estimated time left to render’. After 24 hours it was at minus threethousand percent :-p but I didn’t dare stop the render: thought it a shame to just discard those 24 hours of rendering, and I hoped/guessed it would be done soon. But it kept on rendering for 48 hours, and the result isn’t even that great. It’s not that rendering a movie this long is that slow, it were just way too many iterations for the resolution.

But at least I know the application itself is stable!



comments

  1. mo

    man, it’s great stuff. i love the glitches you got actually. i would go as far as saying introduce more glitches. keep up the good work!!

  2. jan

    hej, really cool stuff there.

    i tried to grab the sourcecode of your attractor viewer but got an 404.
    can you send it to me in any way?

    groetje,
    jan.

  3. Serg

    Have you tried to add flock of birds or school of fish or some strange group of objects?
    ;-)

  4. Sjeiti

    Flocking wouldn’t for most attractors. Iterating the Lorenz attractor (the slanted eight) does indeed produce a neat line. Most other attractors seem to produce a random collection of points, the patterns only emerge after a large number of iterations.

  5. Sjeiti » Blog Archive » Attractors rebuild

    […] data to cookies, render and save images directly. And the standalone version even renders out complete movies (thanks to this cool lib). All was going well until I started testing online. Somewhere in my code […]

  6. Attractors rebuild - Sjeiti

    […] data to cookies, render and save images directly. And the standalone version even renders out complete movies (thanks to this cool lib). All was going well until I started testing online. Somewhere in my code […]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>